2008/12/19

Ethernet Card Changes , RAC crs stops

One of my customer had changed their Linux Server's mainboard.It was one of 2 nodes running oracle RAC. But after this change they complaint that crs was not working fine.
I connected to box and see it was really not working. After exploring I found that the ethernet card was disabled due to nonmatching MAC adress in config file and phisical hardware.This was interconnect used for priv addresses. The solution was commenting out MAC adress in config file.

[root@db1 tmp]# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1
DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=none
#HWADDR=00:17:A4:F6:DF:96 ## this line is commented out because of mainboard and embeded ethernet card change ..!
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
IPADDR=192.168.50.11
USERCTL=no
IPV6INIT=no
PEERDNS=yes
[root@db1 network-scripts]#

2 comments:

  1. Aman Tanrım bu ne süper site. Böyle şeyler yapanlar var mı hala?
    Oooh my god! Oooooh my God!

    Anddhorse

    ReplyDelete